Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Peeps and Their Log...

In my list of the 10 things that really annoy me, I mentioned the people who live down the block from me that dress up their log. After Valentines day, their log was dressed in traditional St. Patrick's Day garb. If you consider green shorts, green shirt, and some oversized 4-leaf clover sunglasses traditional garb. They then moved on to Easter, and adorned their oversized stick in Bunny ears, and a tail. (The tail was actually a whole bunch of grocery bags stuffed inside another, and then stapled to the backside ). All this, I understand. (sort of)

Today I am on my way home from work and as I approach the log, and I am absolutely dumbfounded. What holiday is coming up? May is springtime, June is the start of wedding season, July is Independence Day. Any of these costumes would have been acceptable, and somewhat understandable. I mean, a log wearing a white dress and a veil, wouldn't be that bad. Considering.

I will add a picture later. But let me try to describe this, I crest the hill, and there is this poor large limb of a felled tree wearing a flowing grass skirt and tall Dr. Suess hat. WTF!?!?!

Dr. Suess was born March 2nd 1904 in Springfield Mass. (not Hawaii)

August 21, 1959, Hawaii was admitted to the union as our 50th state. (I am almost positive that Dr. Suess had absolutely nothing do do with it.)

Hmmm..... I simply don't get it. I even Googled the hell out of Dr. Suess goes to Hawaii, nothing.

Maybe I should just let it go, or maybe I should walk up to this house, and ask the history of the log. Who knows maybe an old couple named Norm and Edna will sit me down and unlock the mysteries of the log.

Nichole

No comments: