Sunday, July 25, 2010

Touching the ground...

I was born in Dayton, Tennessee. I lived in Dayton from the time I was 7 until I was 13. After that, we moved to Rossville, Georgia.

Today my son and I leave for home. I'm going back to lay some old memories to rest and make some new ones.

I feel a need to go back and touch the ground, to remember where I came from and how life used to be.

I feel this is an ending of an era and the turning of a page for me.

I am hoping that by doing this, I will be able to have some closure and a little peace. I'm not asking for much, just a little acceptance and the ability to get back in the swing of things.

I want Christopher to see what made me who I am. I want him to swim in the river, eat the wild black berries, and smell Tennessee in the morning. I want him to stand by the mountains and feel God all around him. I want him to hike in the caves and experience everything I did as a kid.

No comments: